I am the guest editor of a Special Column on Rhythm and Synchrony in Animal Movement and Communication for the journal Current Zoology, published Open Access and free of page charges by Oxford University Press. If you would like to submit a manuscript, please send me a title before February, 1st, 2018. More information can be found also here.
I am an Associate Editor for the Springer-Nature journal BMC Research Notes, which is fully Open Access. This multidisciplinary journal publishes short communications in a range of disciplines. Single observations, replications and null results are welcome.
I have edited, together with Sonja Kotz and Henkjan Honing, a special journal issue titled “The evolution of rhythm cognition: timing in music and speech“. This interdisciplinary issue was jointly hosted by Frontiers in Neuroscience, Frontiers in Psychology, and Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. The editorial, summarizing the 33 accepted papers and other research on rhythm in 2015-2017, can be found here.
I have acted as referee for:
- Animal Cognition
- Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences
- Behavior Research Methods
- Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology
- Behavioural Processes
- Biology Letters
- Brain and Cognition
- Cognitive Science
- Current Biology
- Evolution & Human Behavior
- Frontiers in Neuroscience
- Frontiers in Psychology
- Journal of Experimental Psychology
- Journal of Language Evolution
- Nature Scientific Reports
- PLoS ONE
- Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, U.S.A.
- Psychological Research
- Psychonomic Bulletin and Review
- Royal Society Open Science
- Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience
- The Journal of the Acoustical Society of America
- Timing & Time Perception
- Trends in Ecology and Evolution
plus conference proceedings (AMLaP, EvoLang, Measuring Behaviour,…) and scientific institutions (e.g. Netherlands Institute for Advanced Study).