I am the guest editor of a Special Column on Rhythm and Synchrony in Animal Movement and Communication for the journal Current Zoology, published Open Access and free of page charges by Oxford University Press. If you would like to submit a manuscript, you should send me a title before February, 1st, 2018. More information can be found also here.
I am an Associate Editor for the Springer-Nature journal BMC Research Notes, which is fully Open Access. This multidisciplinary journal publishes short communications in a range of disciplines. Single observations, replications and null results are welcome.
I have edited, together with Sonja Kotz and Henkjan Honing, a special journal issue titled “The evolution of rhythm cognition: timing in music and speech“. This interdisciplinary issue was jointly hosted by
- Frontiers in Neuroscience,
- Frontiers in Psychology, and
- Frontiers in Human Neuroscience.
The editorial, summarizing the 33 accepted papers and other research on rhythm in 2015-2017, can be found here.
I have acted as external referee for:
- Animal Cognition
- Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology
- Behavioural Processes
- Biology Letters
- Cognitive Science
- Current Biology
- Evolution & Human Behavior
- Frontiers in Neuroscience
- Journal of Experimental Psychology
- Journal of Language Evolution
- Nature Scientific Reports
- PLoS ONE
- Psychonomic Bulletin and Review
- Royal Society Open Science
- Timing & Time Perception
plus conference proceedings (AMLaP, EvoLang, Measuring Behaviour,…)